Skip to content

Prince Andrew was stripped of his military and royal titles Thursday — a day after a Manhattan judge allowed the sexual assault lawsuit against the disgraced royal to move forward. “With The Queen’s approval and agreement, The Duke of York’s military affiliations and Royal patronages have been returned to The Queen,” Buckingham Palace said of the 61-year-old prince. A royal source confirmed that Andrew would no longer use the title “His Royal Highness” in any official capacity and his other roles would be distributed among other members of the royal family. He is, however, still listed on the royal family’s official website as ninth in line to the throne. “The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen,” the palace said of the sex-assault lawsuit against him. Andrew’s monarch mom had already barred her middle son from performing royal duties amid the severe backlash sparked by his disastrous 2019 BBC interview justifying his friendship with pedophile Jeffrey Epstein and now-convicted madam Ghislaine Maxwell. The prince, a former Royal Navy helicopter pilot who flew in the 1982 Falklands War, initially retained his military titles.

Notifications - Subscriptions
Notify of
8 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

8
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x