A California couple’s Tesla caught fire while charging overnight, ignited another Tesla next to it, and caused a massive house fire. They haven’t been home in 8 months.

DM

California couple has said that their Tesla Model S caught fire while charging in their garage overnight, spread to a second Tesla vehicle before engulfing their house in flames. Yogi and Carolyn Vindum, residents of San Ramon, California, have not been able to return to their home since the blaze, which happened on December 30 last year, The Washington Post reported. “If we had lived upstairs in this house, we’d be dead,” Yogi Vindum told the Post, which was the first publication to report the fire on Wednesday. Yogi Vindum said that a car alarm woke them up at 5.37 a.m. that morning as the house filled with smoke, per the Post. The couple’s 2013 Tesla Model S 85 had caught fire as it was charging, and ignited a second Tesla Model S parked next to it — creating explosions strong enough to blow off the garage doors, they told the Post. “The firemen said it was so hot that they couldn’t walk up the driveway,” Yogi Vindum told The Post. At least six fire trucks arrived at the scene, he said. Tesla has faced mounting concerns over numerous reports of its vehicles catching fire. In July, a new Tesla Model S Plaid reportedly caught fire in Philadelphia while its was being driven, Mark Geragos, the owner’s lawyer, said.

Notifications - Subscriptions
Notify of
1 Comment
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

1
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x