Young Not Stupid: If Only 6% of Biden’s Infrastructure Bill Is for Infrastructure, What’s the Other 94% For?

DM

President Joe Biden’s next major legislative push is on infrastructure, but his proposed $2 trillion plan might be more fluff than concrete. A recent analysis from Fox News determined that less than $750 billion actually goes towards what is typically considered infrastructure, like roads and bridges. The aforementioned total includes $115 billion to “modernize” roads and bridges that need repair and $80 billion to expand and conduct maintenance for Amtrak, Fox News reported. By this estimate, it means that only around six percent of “The American Jobs Plan” truly fulfills its advertised purpose. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy criticized the plan as a waste of taxpayer dollars. “Not an April Fools joke: President Biden’s so-called ‘infrastructure’ plan spends less than 6% to repair bridges, highways, and roads,” the high-ranking Republican tweeted last week. So what does the other 94 percent cover? With the administration using the term “care infrastructure,” it includes billions for the elderly and disabled, scientific research and development and expanding broadband internet access.

Notifications - Subscriptions
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x