More than half of Canadians uncomfortable with private health care options: Nanos

DM

More than half of Canadians say that they are not comfortable or somewhat not comfortable with having more private health care options, according to new polling from Nanos Research. The poll, conducted by Nanos Research and sponsored by CTV News and The Globe and Mail, found that 30 per cent of Canadians are not comfortable with having more private health care options and 23 per cent are somewhat not comfortable, totalling 53 per cent of those surveyed. However, of those surveyed, 30 per cent said they were comfortable with greater privatized health care while 14 percent reported being somewhat comfortable. According to the poll, three per cent of Canadians said they were unsure. Nanos reported that residents of the Prairies are more likely to be comfortable with increased private health care options compared to other provinces (48 per cent). Those who said they would be uncomfortable with this were mostly found in Quebec (55 per cent) and Ontario (57 per cent). The poll found that men are more likely to be comfortable with increased private health care services at 37 per cent compared to 24 per cent of women.

Notifications - Subscriptions
Notify of
13 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

13
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x