Magic mushrooms grew in man’s blood after he injected them as a tea: report
A U.S. man was reportedly hospitalized with organ failure after he injected himself with a tea made from psychedelic mushrooms, which later started growing in his veins. The unusual and dangerous episode is described in a case report slated to appear in the January edition of the Journal of the Academy of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry. The unidentified patient, 30, ultimately survived. Doctors say the patient had tried to use the so-called “magic” mushrooms as an alternative treatment for his bipolar disorder, after skipping his usual course of medications, according to reports.